Friday, April 6, 2012

Keep it in the bedroom



   When the pajamas trend hit the runway, I hoped that it would just be a momentary trend in fashion and never hit the mainstream.

   Celebrities started wearing them to movie premiers, album launches and VIP parties, think Rihanna, Sophia whatever her name is Coppola, and the gang... After all, they are celebrities and common sense in dressing up does not apply to them, plus being on a  worst dressed list is a PR stunt; after all, no publicity is bad publicity.

   To my amusement, there I was in my favorite restaurant having a fantastic meal and in walks a pretty girl wearing, yup you guessed it! Nothing else but PJs. When normal people start wearing bedtime clothes for dinning out, am terrified of what's coming next...I in my brand new La Perla bra at work!! Va Va Vooom!!

   But really, have we got to the point that we don't want to change out of our night clothes before we hit the streets? What comes next, lingerie? Well,  I bet the men will be happy.. 

   But honestly, isn't pajamas pushing it way too hard? If you want to make a fashion statement by looking different, pajamas may not be the best way to go. I understand you have to push the boundaries sometimes but the styles I saw looked nothing but, well, pajamas...

What do you think?


A.I.
Ici Fashion

No comments:

Post a Comment